*Crickets Crickets* Is this thing still there? Geez, it’s been a really, really long time since I blogged…but I’m back, and I hope that this outlet can help me as I work towards my goals for this wonderful new year.
I’ll be 32 in November and I’m starting to feel like I’m in my 30s…and I’m not particularly fond of feeling old. I don’t mind getting older – it’s better than the alternative – but I’m not ready to let go of my youth.
“…I don’t know about you, but I’m feelin’ 22…”
When I was 22 I was fun, happy, healthy, had less debt, had less junk and really just felt like I was more determined and more enjoyable to be around. So, the focus of 2016 is to feel like I’m 22 by the time I turn 32. Also – thank you Taylor Swift for theme idea which is loosely based on your very catchy tune.
So, where do I start? I figured it was worth laying out the list of goals I have for the year. Some are things I need to work towards and some are things that will either make me feel happier and/or things that I’ve wanted to do but haven’t for any number of reasons.
My List for 2016
- Get to a healthy, manageable weight which means losing approximately 72 pounds.
- Be more active by running/doing cardio at least 3x a week and completing a 5k and a 10k.
- Be more adventurous/spontaneous.
- Complete the 52 week savings challenge.
- Take a trip with Matt, Kaye and Eric.
- Defend dissertation proposal.
- Collect dissertation research.
- Plan/go on at least one date each month.
- Plan/attend at least one friend and/or family gathering each month.
- Organize and declutter the house room by room and closet by closet.
- Plan means, schedule workouts and blog weekly about my progress. Also – take pictures of progress.
- Get six pedicures.
- Make facial care/moisturizing a daily habit.
- Read at least one non-academic book a month.
- Complete a random act of kindness, donate money and/or volunteer at least once a month.
- Order spices from Penzey.
- Look more put together and wear make-up more often.
- Have a spa day (facial, massage, etc.).
- Go dancing!
- Decorate the house.
So far, I’m making baby steps towards each goal and look forward to tracking my progress throughout the year!