Alright, so yesterday I said step one was to step on the scale and assess where I am, so I did.
Step One: Face the scale. Scale said 273.4. Own it, and be positive that I’m making changes and don’t be negative about the number on the scale.
Step 1.5: Obligatory “beginning/day 1” bathroom selfie picture.
Step Two: Make a plan.
I’d love to say that in the 73 days leading up to our trip, I’d lose 73 pounds but that’s not exactly realistic. To be successful, my goal has to be reachable and my plan has to be doable. So, here’s my plan:
-Lose an average of 3 pounds per week, for a total of 33 pounds lost (goal weight by October 10: 240.4). I understand that the average weight loss is 1 to 2 pounds per week, but with nearly 100 pounds to lose, I’m confident I’ll have some high-number loss weeks.
-Set daily and weekly goals.
Daily goal: could be work out 1 minute longer each day, or make a plan for my meals.
- Week 1 goal: 10 minutes of exercise 5x a week.
- Week 2 goal: 15 minutes of exercise 5x a week.
- Week 3 goal: 20 minutes of exercise 5x a week.
- Week 4 goal: 25 minutes of exercise 5x a week.
- Week 5 goal: 30 minutes of exercise 5x a week.
- Week 6 goal: 35 minutes of exercise 5x a week.
- Week 7 goal: 40 minutes of exercise 5x a week.
- Week 8 goal: 45 minutes of exercise 5x a week.
- Week 9 goal: 50 minutes of exercise 5x a week.
- Week 10 goal: 55 minutes of exercise 5x a week.
- Week 11 goal: 60 minutes of exercise 5x a week.
- Weigh-in and blog every Monday as a weekly recap/plan for the week.
- Thankful Thursday: A positive, self-love blog every Thursday.
- A third blog any other day of the week for a total of at least three weekly blog posts.
-Follow a diabetic-friendly meal plan and track food using the Weight Watchers point system and tracker on my phone.
- Refer to meal plan designed by the diabetes management group.
- Go to my weekly Saturday Weight Watchers meeting.
- Plan my meals.
- Make determined, mindful, meaningful decisions regarding my food.
- Plan any treats instead of just grabbing anything and everything.
Week 1 Plan:
- Work out for at least 10 minutes 5x this week (one day down, four to go!)
- Just say “no” to the cookies and lemonade at a work presentation on Tuesday.
- Plan for a ‘treat’ meal (within reason) Saturday evening for an early birthday meal for Peter.
- Make a meal plan and shopping list. Go shopping for healthy, fresh foods after I get paid this week – woo hoo, c’mon pay day!
Countdown to Honeymoon: 73 days! Ready, set, go!